Teaching Resources for the Bible
BibleGateway.com has the Bible online. You can read or listen to many versions of the Bible in several languages. The Chronological Bible Reading Plan makes a nice outline for reading aloud to children.
Two Ways to Live: the Choice We All Face is a training course offered by Matthias Media that helps Christians know and share the gospel.
Here is a Quia game to help learn the verses used in the Two Ways to Live program.
Desiring God has resources for Bible study and messages and books by John Piper.
BibleTelling.org has videos of storyteller John Walsh telling stories from the Bible. This site also has lots of other resources for learning to tell Bible stories.
Here are copywork pages for writing the books of the Bible, and several verses:
Books of the Old Testament
Books of the New Testament
John 3:16 (ESV version) "For God so loved the world..."
Psalm 23 (ESV version) "The Lord is my shepherd..."
Galatians 5:22-25 (ESV version) "But the fruit of the Spirit is..."
Revelation 4:11 ESV version) "Worthy are You, our Lord and God..."
- The Bible
- Christianbook.com has a large selection of Bibles to choose from,
- The Gospel Story Bible: Discovering Jesus in the Old and New Testaments
by Marty Machowski
- This in an easy-to-read storybook that introduces many people, places, and events from the Bible's Old and New Testaments and shows how each one ultimately points to Jesus.
- The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings Us Back to the Garden
by Kevin DeYoung
- This story gives an overview of the Bible, showing God's plan to redeem his rebellious people.
- Noah's Ark
by Jerry Pinkney
- The illustrations in the book are beautiful!
- The Big Picture Book About Jesus
- by D. C. Cook (editor)